We are pleased to announce a major new initiative at the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD).
We call it DRIVE MVD – Delivering Results, Innovation, Value and Efficiency.
This means, in the months and years to come, you’ll have more easy and practical options to do business with MVD – whether it be online, on the phone, or at our field offices.
As part of this initiative, we are presenting a totally revamped website that allows you to:
- Renew vehicle registration at a discounted price;
- Complete and print the most commonly-used forms to bring with you to an MVD office;
- Find out wait times at state-run MVD offices before you head in; and
- Obtain clear answers to your toughest questions.
In the coming months, we plan on adding more online services including the ability to:
- Schedule appointments for first-time driver’s license and vehicle registrations;
- Change your address; and
- Renew your driver’s license.
- Ultimately, we want our customers to conduct most of their MVD business online.
Also, when you visit our field offices, you’ll soon experience improvements designed to reduce your wait times and improve customer services, such as:
- Express lanes for simple transactions;
- Fast-Track Courtesy Service to help seniors 75 years and older (who must renew their driver’s licenses each year);
- Part-time clerks to assist during lunch hours and unplanned vacancies from employee illness or vacation.
We are also diligently working on implementing other customer friendly measures in the very near future that allow you to use credit cards for transactions and to more rapidly obtain road tests, for a fee, from certified private testers as an option to scheduling a free road test at the MVD office.
From an infrastructure standpoint, we will have:
- new point-of-sale equipment for more accurate transactions,
- a new computer system to replace our 30-year-old one, and
- an upgraded automated phone system to better serve your MVD needs.
Our most important asset is our people and it’s critical that they receive the best training possible.
This training, for clerks and managers alike, will continue to focus on customer service.
We hold our employees to the highest standards when it comes to treating our customers with courtesy, respect and professionalism.
Add all of these initiatives together, and that’s what we call DRIVE MVD.
The bottom line is this: we’re putting you in the driver’s seat when you do business with MVD.
On behalf of our MVD family, we thank you for doing business with MVD. We encourage you to use these services and give us your feedback as we work to improve your experience with the Motor Vehicle Division of the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department.
Motor Vehicle Division