Chapter 5, Section F:|
CDL Skill Test
Revised August 14, 2013
Skill Tests are Required When:
- An applicant is applying for any
first-time New Mexico Commercial Drivers
License and is not presenting a valid CDL from another
- Applicant is adding a passenger
endorsement to any first-time or
existing commercial license, class A, B or C.
- Applicant has an
existing commercial license with a “P” (passenger) endorsement, and a
“T” restriction. Applicant must pass a road skill test in a truck in
order for the “T” to be removed.
- Applicant is upgrading any
commercial license: Class “C” to Class “B” or Class “B” to Class “A”.
- Applicant’s license has been revoked for any reason, and
he or she wants to
receive another commercial license.
- Applicant wishes to remove an “L” restriction (airbrakes) from an existing commercial license.
- Applicant's CDL has been expired more than 5 years.