Call Us Email Map Contact Us
Search Button

Am I able to receive a Medical Waiver (medical exemption) if I have epilepsy?

 with 0 Comments

No.  The FMCSA and the State of New Mexico do not issue waivers for drivers with epilepsy, a history of epilepsy, or who are taking anti- seizure medication. You can receive a New Mexico CDL if you are off anti- seizure medication and have been seizure- free for 10 years. If you had a single unprovoked seizure, you may be qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle in interstate commerce if you are seizure- free and have been off anti- seizure medication for a 5- year period or more. 

back to list

Join the Discussion:
Latest News:

Locate an MVD Office

Find an MVD Service Provider Near You

MVD Home          Site Map          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility          About Us          Contact Us

Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham

New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division Facebook Page

Call Email Map Contact