Call Us Email Map Contact Us
Search Button

What tests do I need to take for the class of CDL I will be obtaining?

 with 0 Comments

The written tests required for each class of CDL are as follows:

  • Class A license- general knowledge, airbrakes and combination
  • Class B license- general knowledge and airbrakes
  • Class C license- general knowledge.(The class C license is only valid with and H or P endorsement)
  • For the endorsements N (tanker) and T (doubles) you will need to take the written test.
  • For endorsements P (passenger) and S (school bus) you will need to take the written test and a separate road test in a passenger vehicle.
  • For the endorsement H you will need to take a written test and go through the background check and fingerprinting.
back to list

Join the Discussion:
Latest News:

Locate an MVD Office

Find an MVD Service Provider Near You

MVD Home          Site Map          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility          About Us          Contact Us

Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham

New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division Facebook Page

Call Email Map Contact