Call Us Email Map Contact Us
Search Button

How do I change the name on my driver license?

 with 0 Comments

Applicants requesting a name change when applying for a non-commercial license, a commercial license, a provisional license, a permit or an identification card must present proof of the name change.

The documents presented must be the original or certified copies. The following are acceptable documents for changing a name:

  • Marriage License
  • Court Order
  • Divorce Decree
  • Birth Certificate

NOTE:  Generally, the Birth Certificate is used when someone is correcting an error in the way his or her name appears on the license. Example: Current license shows name as “Daniel J. Martinez.” Applicant is requesting that name appear as on Birth Certificate - “Jose Daniel Martinez.” 


back to list

Join the Discussion:
Latest News:

Locate an MVD Office

Find an MVD Service Provider Near You

MVD Home          Site Map          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility          About Us          Contact Us

Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham

New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division Facebook Page

Call Email Map Contact