Call Us Email Map Contact Us
Search Button

I’m carrying over 26,000 lbs. and Farm Plated. Why do I need a Tax Identification card if I don’t travel on New Mexico roads?

 with 0 Comments

You don’t need to register the farm truck as long as it never leaves the farm. However if you go to the local gas station you are traveling on taxable roads and must pay a Weight Distance tax. If you leave the farm, you are required by law to have in your possession a New Mexico Certificate of Registration, a Tax Identification card and pay the quarterly Weight Distance tax.

back to list

Join the Discussion:
Latest News:

Locate an MVD Office

Find an MVD Service Provider Near You

MVD Home          Site Map          Privacy & Security          Site Policies          Accessibility          About Us          Contact Us

Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham

New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division Facebook Page

Call Email Map Contact