- Maps & Locations
- Location Events & Closings
- Contact Us
- MVD Procedure Manuals
- Online Services
- Vehicle Registration
- License Plates
- Emission Testing
- Boats & ATVs
- Vehicle Definitions
- Parking Placards
- Driver’s Licenses / ID’s
- NEW! REAL ID INFO
- Driving Credentials
- Apply for a Learner’s Permit
- Apply for a New Driving Credential
- Renew a Driving Credential
- Replace a Lost or Stolen Driving Credential
- Reinstate a Suspended License
- Where’s My License?
- List of Acceptable Documents for Real ID Issuance
- List of Acceptable Documents for Standard Driver’s License
- ID Cards
- Change Your Address
- DWI Information
- Drivers Forms
- Report Fraud
- Resources, Forms & Information
- Dealers / Recycle / Partners
- Record Request Services
Outstanding service to the motoring public- every customer, every transaction, every time.
National excellence in motor vehicle services and operations.
To license commercial and non-commercial drivers; register and title commercial and non-commercial vehicles and boats; license auto dealers and title service companies; contract with private partners for selected MVD services; and assure that MVD work is performed in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Code (Chapter 66, NMSA 1978).
MVD Core Values:
- To take care of our customers by taking care of our staff.
- To provide a supportive and professional work environment with a focus on teamwork, documented policies and procedures, accountability, personal responsibility, employee development, and good communication.
- To provide quality customer services that are consistent, timely, accurate, confidential, efficient, and professional.
- To value our customers’ time by minimizing field office wait times, and by providing alternative service delivery channels that eliminate the need to wait in line.
- To minimize fraud and opportunities for identity theft.
- To meet state and federal requirements with budget parameters.