- Maps & Locations
- Location Events & Closings
- Contact Us
- MVD Procedure Manuals
- Online Services
- Vehicle Registration
- License Plates
- Emission Testing
- Boats & ATVs
- Vehicle Definitions
- Parking Placards
- Driver’s Licenses / ID’s
- NEW! REAL ID INFO
- Driving Credentials
- Apply for a Learner’s Permit
- Apply for a New Driving Credential
- Renew a Driving Credential
- Replace a Lost or Stolen Driving Credential
- Reinstate a Suspended License
- Where’s My License?
- List of Acceptable Documents for Real ID Issuance
- List of Acceptable Documents for Standard Driver’s License
- ID Cards
- Change Your Address
- DWI Information
- Drivers Forms
- Report Fraud
- Resources, Forms & Information
- Dealers / Recycle / Partners
- Record Request Services
Driver licenses and Identification (ID) cards issued by the MVD are used by law enforcement and businesses to establish or verify a person’s identity.
MVD does not tolerate driver license, ID card, or motor vehicle fraud. To better protect your identity and reduce fraud, the MVD has set up an MVD Fraud Email.
Help Prevent Fraud and Identity Theft – Report any Suspicious Activities
Send an Email to MVD at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not have to provide your name.
The information you provide protects everyone!
Identity thieves steal or obtain Social Security cards and numbers, birth certificates, immigration documents or personal information that is unique to you. The identity thief can use this information to
- Get a driver license or ID card
- Open a bank account or get credit in your name
- Purchase an automobile or real estate
- Drain personal bank or other financial accounts
- Create fake driving and criminal record entries
- Get fraudulent government benefits
- Obtain employment
Identity theft can result in your driving privileges being suspended or your credit rating being destroyed. You could have trouble getting your government benefits, or you could be accused of not reporting wages. You might be held liable for motor vehicle incidents that had nothing to do with you.