- Maps & Locations
- Location Events & Closings
- Contact Us
- MVD Procedure Manuals
- Online Services
- Vehicle Registration
- License Plates
- Emission Testing
- Boats & ATVs
- Vehicle Definitions
- Parking Placards
- Driver’s Licenses / ID’s
- NEW! REAL ID INFO
- Driving Credentials
- Apply for a Learner’s Permit
- Apply for a New Driving Credential
- Renew a Driving Credential
- Replace a Lost or Stolen Driving Credential
- Reinstate a Suspended License
- Where’s My License?
- List of Acceptable Documents for Real ID Issuance
- List of Acceptable Documents for Standard Driver’s License
- ID Cards
- Change Your Address
- DWI Information
- Drivers Forms
- Report Fraud
- Resources, Forms & Information
- Dealers / Recycle / Partners
- Record Request Services
How to Get an Interlock
Interlock Guidelines & Requirements
A first time ignition interlock license is $113.00.
A customer renewing his or her ignition interlock driver’s license must present a copy of the current contract with the ignition interlock provider and evidence of insurance showing that the individual is a covered driver of the vehicle. A notarized Ignition Interlock Affidavit (MVD-10456) is also required.
A receipt from the ignition interlock provider is not sufficient. A copy of the actual ignition interlock provider contract must be provided. That interlock provider contract must:
- be in effect and current on the date that the ignition interlock license is renewed;
- and must be complete, including both the vehicle identification number (VIN) and the signature of the interlock provider.
It is not necessary that the current contract extend through the license renewal period, only that it be current when the license is renewed.
- Evidence of insurance must be in the form of an original insurance company document (not a photocopy) that clearly identifies the driver as an insured driver of the same vehicle that is covered by the ignition interlock contract.
- A completed and notarized Ignition Interlock Affidavit (MVD-10456) is also required.