How do I correct my driving record if it is incorrect?

by | Dec 29, 2020 | Frequently Asked Questions | 0 comments

If your driving record shows that you received a sentence for a traffic violation within the last three years, and you think it was “deferred” by the Court, then MVD staff will research your record and respond back to you within 48 hours. 

MVD staff will need to verify that your sentence was “deferred” and that you have complied with the Court requirement(s). Most of this research can be done online by MVD staff, but in some cases (such as a requirement to attend driving school), MVD staff may ask you to contact the Court to get proof of your compliance with the sentence and the citation dismissal.

If MVD staff ask you to provide proof of your compliance with the sentence requirements and citation dismissal, you must contact the Court and request official documentation showing sentence compliance and citation dismissal. Once you obtain the official documentation, you can fax the original certified Court document to (505) 827-2783 or (505) 827-2267.