How do I obtain a New Mexico vehicle title, registration and license plate?

by | Dec 29, 2020 | Frequently Asked Questions | 0 comments

Take the following documentation to any MVD Field Office:

In addition, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspection is required for every vehicle coming to New Mexico from another state. The VIN inspection is usually done by a MVD agent at the MVD Field Office. However, not all Field Offices perform VIN inspections, and some require an advance appointment. It is recommended that the customer call ahead to inquire about VIN inspection availability and scheduling.

Additional documentation may be required for specific situations. For additional information on registering a new or used vehicle, visit Vehicle Registration.