I’m carrying over 26,000 lbs. and Farm Plated. Why do I need a Tax Identification card if I don’t travel on New Mexico roads?

by | Aug 6, 2013 | Resources & Information | 0 comments

2:40 PM

You don’t need to register the farm truck as long as it never leaves the farm. However if you go to the local gas station you are traveling on taxable roads and must pay a Weight Distance tax. If you leave the farm, you are required by law to have in your possession a New Mexico Certificate of Registration, a Tax Identification card and pay the quarterly Weight Distance tax.