What documents do I need to take to the MVD Vehicle Division Field Office to get a New Mexico CDL?

1:24 PM

You will need to take the originals of all these required documents:

  • USDOT Commercial Driver Medical Form, Federal Medical Waiver Card, or proof of employment by a government entity

Additional information clarifying each of these required documents is provided below.

USDOT Commercial Driver Medical Form

Either of the following may be accepted:

USDOT or NM Commercial Driver Medical Examination Certification (Long) Form. Other states’ Commercial Driver Medical Examination Certification Forms may be acceptable, however, these must be approved by the New Mexico CDL Unit.

If you are medically covered by a government entity, (city, county, state or federal), you can show your government- issued photo ID card, or bring in a  Vehicle Certification Form signed by your employer or your supervisor.


Documents proving identity and residency which can be found here.