The written tests required for each class of CDL are as follows:
- Class A license- general knowledge, airbrakes and combination
- Class B license- general knowledge and airbrakes
- Class C license- general knowledge.(The class C license is only valid with and H or P endorsement)
- For the endorsements N (tanker) and T (doubles) you will need to take the written test.
- For endorsements P (passenger) and S (school bus) you will need to take the written test and a separate road test in a passenger vehicle.
- For the endorsement H you will need to take a written test and go through the background check and fingerprinting.